Today I would like to share my latest altered art up cycling entitled ‘My Woodland Songbird’.
I cut two pieces of thick card the same size and cut a square aperture in one to fit my songbird. I covered the front with some spotted paper from my stash and distressed the edges with aged mahogany.
I created a crackle background on a square piece of mountboard with glue and acrylic paint, and stamped and embossed the songbird (stampendous stamp). I then used distress inks to colour the bird and background with a little spray of water to mottle. I applied some frantage to the four corners of the board.
This was then mounted on to the base and then the front of the frame was glued on. I also frantaged the front of the frame.
I made a paper flower and cut out some leaves and dipped them in UTEE. I stamped and cut out a butterfly, coloured with promarkers and then enamelled this with clear embossing power. I twizzled some gold wire for the feelers and stuck some pearls down the middle.
I assembled all my bits and stuck in a couple of hatpins and some twigs for the flower arrangement. Finally I added my butterfly, cut two holes in the top of the frame for hanging and attached the chain. Janet